Our Clinical Services
This is your overview of the services we offer. Should you have any questions, you can of course get in touch with us for more information or to make an appointment.
Mr Ash Alam sees both private and NHS patients.
NHS patients should contact their GP for an appointment through the NHS Choose & Book service for an appointment at Arrowe Park Hospital.
Private patients can either see their GP for a private referral or can contact the clinic of their choice directly for a private appointment or ultrasound scan at their convenience.
Private Patient Services:
For your convenience, if required, we are able to offer an hour-long appointment that includes discussion, examination, ultrasound and possibly treatment in the same visit. This is especially useful if you have symptoms of pain or problem periods and maximises the efficient use of your time.
Termination of Pregnancy (Abortion)
Mr Alam works with a specially trained counsellor and we can discuss your options with you and help you at this difficult time. Same day consultations can be arranged, incluing an early pregnancy ultrasound scan. Please ring Mr Alam directly on 07905111953 for an initial confidential discussion.
We also offer the following services:
- Colposcopy & treatment of abnormal smears
- Laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery eg. ovarian cyst removal, hysterectomy
- Open surgery eg. hysterectomy
- Endometrial ablation (heat treatment for heavy periods)
- Hysteroscopy & treatment of heavy periods, polyps & fibroids (local or general anaesthetic)
- Miscarriage management
- Ectopic pregnancy management
- Vaginal prolapse surgery & hysterectomy
- Management of fibroids
- Management of endometriosis